What is Kambo?
KAMBO ACTS ON THE WHOLE BEING: BALANCING MIND, BODY, SPIRIT, AND EMOTIONAL REALMS, RETURNING THE SUBTLE ENERGY BODY INTO HARMONY.
In the Amazon Rainforest, this medicine is known to bring happiness to those who take it, to bring luck, and to unblock and circulate the heart chakra among many other benefits. Removing “panema”, which is loosely translates to bad energy or anything that dulls a person’s experience of joy, peace, and prosperity.
Kambo, Phyllomedusa Bicolor, comes from a bright green frog which lives in the Amazonian. It’s a sacred medicine, indigenous tribesmen of the Amazon, specifically for this medicine served, is ethically sourced from THE MATSES TRIBE. CheyAnne is a certified Kambo practitioner that holds this medicine with integrity and respect while working with this tribe that does the same.
The secretions are carefully extracted by gently gathering it from the frog’s skin before returning them safely back to the jungle. The frogs are not harmed or damaged in the process. This beautiful frog is honored and respected for its ability to heal.
Kambo is traditionally used as a purgative and a detoxifier, not a psychedelic, although it is commonly grouped with psychedelic plant medicines. It is legal and none psychoactive.
Kambo is not a poison or venom. Many use this term because of the purging effect it has on the body. It is in fact full of potent bioactive peptides that have great positive effects by activating out bodies OWN healing abilities.
Kambo is administered into the lymphatic system, through small gates, (superficial burns) made on the skin. Immediately triggering a variety of beneficial chemical reactions in the human body. Waking up the body, healing itself on a cellular level and removing energetic blocks that cause illness and pain. Due to the neuropeptides, it affects the brain and improves cognitive functioning.
After the medicine is removed, the gates are sealed/closed with dragons blood. A anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-fungal, tree sap with the ability to heal open wounds faster and reduce scarring.
These Kambo Ceremonies can be done 1:1 or with a small group
How does it work to help the body?
- During a treatment, kambo immediately scans a person’s energy field and starts to work exactly where it is needed.
- The process is different for everyone and the course of treatment should be planned accordingly.
- For people with addictions, results can also happen fast.
- Complicated cases may take longer.
- We may call this frog secretion a medicine, but it doesn’t actually work as a typical medicine nor as a drug. It simply wakes up the body’s organs, endocrine system and defense systems to their natural functions.
How does it feel during the process?
- The ‘medicine’ is applied by burning tiny holes in the skin with the tip of a glowing stick.
- The effect is immediate, as it runs in the body through the lymphatic system.
- The body becomes warm and the heart beats faster than normal until the person vomits the water they had been drinking in advance. All this lasts about 30 minutes. Cosmovisons
Benefits Kambo can give:
Increased strength & endurance
Removal of toxins
Kambo Also Provides Transformational
- Reinvigorating inspiration and creativity
- Clearing Blocks and getting unstuck
- Resolving childhood trauma
- Self-destructive behavioral patterns
- Navigating big life transitions
- Cultivating self awareness
- Shifting perspective
- Defining goals and how to achieve them
- Letting go of attachments that no longer serve you
- Cancer – Tumors
From Cosmovisons: “Scientific research on the secretion of this frog started in the 1980’s. Nominated for the Nobel prize, Italian scientist Vittorio Erspamer of the University of Rome wrote that this secretion contains a ‘fantastic chemical cocktail with potential medical applications, unequaled by any other amphibian’.
So far, researchers have found nine bio- active peptides that have a potent effect on the gastrointestinal muscles, gastric and pancreatic secretions, blood circulation, and on the stimulation of the adrenal cortex and pituitary gland.
Among the several dozen peptides found in kambô, up to 7% are bio-active.
They bind with receptor sites situated in the brain, triggering chemical reactions in the human body.
- Phyllomedusin strongly affects intestines, bowels and contributes to deep purging.
- Phyllokinin and phyllomedusin are potent vessel dilators, increasing the permeability of the blood-brain barrier. This facilitates access to the brain of these two, as well as the other active peptides.
- Caerulein and sauvagine cause a fall in blood pressure accompanied by tachycardia. They stimulate the adrenal cortex and the pituitary gland, contributing to heightened sensory perception and increased stamina.
- Both of these peptides have a strong analgesic effect, enhance endurance, increase physical strength and in general, enhance the capacity to face pain and stressful situations.
- They possess medical potential as digestive aids, and have demonstrated analgesic effects for those with renal colic, pain due to peripheral vascular insufficiency and cancer pain.
- Dermorphin and deltorphin are potent opioid peptides 4000 times stronger than morphine and 40 times stronger than endogenic b-endorphines.”
What’s inside a Kambo Ceremony?
Each of these ceremonies can help the individual learn how to be more conscious and proactive and create positive changes in their life, while healing on a mind, body and soul frequency.
These powerful ceremonies are intuitively created to fit the needs and desires that are being calling in. These private settings are truly the most supportive and energetically focused. They are channeled, intentional and take place at the outdoor or indoor healing space in Southern Utah, guided by CheyAnne.
In a ceremony setting, we enter an intentional container, choosing to be authentic, vulnerable, non-judgmental, compassionate, which allows peace and healing to enter the space. We are choosing to enter a space that has been dedicated to healing, release, self-discovery, understanding, and magick.
We get to wittiness ourselves and others through the eyes of Spirit/God/Universe or anything that resonates for you. We are surrendering to the unknown, dancing within the familiar, experienced through connection, Kambo, emotionality, sound healing, Mama Gaia, Source and plant guides.
The following is included in the Kambo healing ceremony:
- Interview Prior to Booking a Kambo Ceremony – Intake paper work+A phone interview will be conducted to go over medical history to make sure you are a proper candidate for Kambo. Safety is #1 priority.
- Palo Santo/Sage Cleansing Ceremony – CheyAnne follows ancient traditions in cleansing the energies of the body before beginning work. This is to prepare your mind body and spirit for deep healing.
- Intention Ceremony – Setting the proper deep healing intention is important. We go deeper beyond just the surface. CheyAnne will work with you to pick the deepest intention to maximize your healing.
- Kambo Ceremony – This is the main event, where we prepare the Kambo medicine according to ancient proven traditions to be applied to your body. This is a multi step ceremony has to be done carefully for maximum safety while having the deepest and most powerful healing possible. Multiple modalities are used during this time.
- Sananga (Optional) – These powerful eye drops have a healing power that’s more energetic than physical, and that has the capacity to increase spiritual insight in the minds of those who use it.
- Rapé (pronounced “ha-pay”) (Optional) – Hape is a shamanic snuff that induces powerful sensations in the mind and body.
- Sound Bath – Enjoy an emotionally healing sound bath with crystal bowls, music and chimes. The high vibrational music heals our mind, body and soul on a cellular level. Bringing the body into balance & more harmony.
- Closing Ceremony – We finish with a closing ceremony with processing the experience and emotions that emerged during Kambo. Often ending with fruit and tea while grounding back in.
As a trauma informed practitioner, I will always encourage you to TRUST your own intuition FIRST while on this healing journey.
It is my intention to guide others with their integration to be their own greatest healer and remember why we came here.
Through alchemizing the shadow aspects of ourselves with energy transmutation, radical healing, and self devotion, embodiment of the highest expression manifests.
With the support of sound healing, soul patterning, energetic fortification, the universe, embodiment practices and knowledge from plant sacraments, we remember.
As an embodied body channel, my offerings include healing salon experiences, private healings, and ceremonies.
These powerful sessions are $199-222 each or 3 ceremonies in a moon cycle for $500
(sliding scale options are available)
Cancellation Policy – No exceptions, No refunds.
The session payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may reschedule your session with me 48 hours in advance if needed. *If you cancel any session less than 48hrs prior to your session, there are no exchanges for your treatment, you will no longer be able to use this session. If you need to change your appointment, I give a 48 hour grace period to change your session date within a 28 day period. If you do not reschedule within 28 days, you will lose your session with me.
How often should you do Kambo?
Kambo can be taken as a single or double treatment, or as an intensive treatment spread over several days and weeks. In some traditions, Kambo is also taken as a vaccine and is administered as 3 treatments over one moon cycle (29.5 days).
The most effective way to take Kambo when you’re doing it for the first time is to take the medicine 3 days in a row as resistance drops and you into deeper layers each time, the body and mind are in the process of release mode. Imagine doing a cleanse 3 days in a row vs. 3 days in a month. You benefit from both but you as well as I know, three days of cleansing takes you deeper. If that’s not possible, 3 times in a moon cycle works wonders as well. This process may be more suitable for more sensitive individuals.
I recommend upon receiving the inoculation of 3, refreshing with Kambo once a month, every few months or once a year depending on your health status and needs. The more treatments you have, the deeper this medicine and the purge goes. Some people will need several sessions to fully feel the benefit or be ready to release and let go of the deep stuff.
Everyone will benefit from a single session, whether they believe in it or not. Every health condition has a different protocol.
Q & A
How do I prepare and what do I bring to ceremony?
This will all be given to you at the time of your intake. You can also view here. The biggest part of this, is your intention for now. Why are you wanting to work with Kambo? The more clear on your intention, the more you will get out of this time. Please message me before your session if you need support with this or talk to me about it at the time of intake.
Is it a psychoactive?
No. I is common to feel “blissed out”, in your body and extreme gratitude after, and that can feel new to many. However, you will not “trip”.
Is it Legal?
Yes. Kambo is legal in the United States and most, if not all, other countries. The only restriction appears to be the Brazilian government’s 2004 ban on Kambo’s commercialization.
Will I get frog face aka a swollen face?
It is common and usually only lasts about a day. A Gua Sha Facial Tool, is a fantastic way to release the swelling and MOVE the toxins out of the lymphatic System.
What is this going to feel like?
Your temperature will rise and fall. Overwhelming nausea is generally unavoidable with Kambo and purging is likely—either by vomiting, defecation, or both. Rarely at the same time don’t worry. Other effects include a feeling of pressure in the head, neck, and torso, stomach pain, inflammation of the throat, dry mouth, blurred vision ( parasites can release through the eyes), difficulty moving, and swollen lips and tongue. This is the medicine going to these areas and is very temporary. Typically the kambo experience lasts for about an hour. You may feel a range of feelings, from being tired, blissed out, to feeling energized.
What else does it do besides a physical purge?
A profoundly transformational tool, Kambo medicine is known to increase compassion, courage, emotional stability, and personal sovereignty. It is common to feel really present and in the body after Kambo and less in their heads. Frustration, anger, and anxiety also tend to reduce or dissipate entirely. These positive changes may last several days or several months, depending on the steps you continue to take.
Can I drive?
Yes. You are not going to be “tripping”. Fruit and tea are always offered after ceremony to raise sugars and break your fast to help any weakness. However, plan to for a healthy, clean meal after you leave and lots of fluids.
Will I be sick all day?
Once the medicine is removed you should not feel sick. It is not uncommon to have a bottom purge for the day, it is recommended to have a restroom handy when you leave.
Can I go to work after?
I highly recommend not working or doing anything that could effect your energy in a draining way for the day. Take a day of SELF CARE and listen to what your body needs.
Will it leave scars?
Yes—although kambo scars fade over time, they often won’t disappear completely. Aftercare balms or dragons blood may help to improve their appearance. Many love them as a symbol of this powerful work.
Are there risks?
Kambo is relatively safe when properly applied to healthy individuals. However, it is not for pregnant or breastfeeding women, people with heart problems, and patients either recovering from surgery or taking immuno-suppressants for organ transplant. It should also be avoided by chemo- and radiotherapy patients, including those planning to start treatment within four weeks.
How will I feel after and what should I expect ?
It is important to leave expectations at the door. However, You may feel great physical strength, sharpened senses, and heightened mental alertness. Desirable after-effects like these may take a day to materialize or they could be immediate. They also tend to include a consistently elevated mood, increased physical and mental energy, decreased stress, and enhanced focus. It is common to feel tired too, depending on your process. Make space for the day to be able to honor yourself as needed.
What should I wear?
We sit/lay ceremony style for sessions (on the ground) So, please come to your session in cozy clothes and let me know of any limitations before so I can support you best. Also, bringing a change of bottoms (just in case) can help ease some anxiety for many.
What happens when things come up?
They will. Kambo is not the blame, nor is any plant medicine. It in fact is giving you exactly what you asked for even when it doesn’t make sense. Yes, a lot can be released from just one sit however, this is not a quick fix. Often this is a HUGE physical release that uncovers the emotional stuff that causes the imbalance. It is important to validate yourself, process, and work with your shadow to integrate this work and create lasting changes.
I am here to support you in and out of ceremony and also have a reputable list of resources if what you’re needing is outside my scope of practice.
Healing is linear and it takes time. You didn’t get here over night, so be gentle with yourself and expectations. Things may come up that won’t always make sense in the moment, TRUST it.
Email me at email@example.com
More on the other Plant Allies used in the Kambo Ceremony
Mystic & Conscious Stylist
I am not licensed, certified, or registered as a provider of healthcare. The wellness services that I provide don’t constitute any form of medical practice, and don’t diagnose, treat, or offer health advice, nor prescribe medication. All material here is for educational purposes. It is recommended that you notify your primary care physician or licensed providers of healthcare of your intention to use other wellness services. It is also recommended that you ask your primary care physician or other licensed providers of healthcare about any potential drug interactions, side effects, risks, or conflicts between any medications or treatments prescribed by your primary care physician or other licensed providers of healthcare and the wellness services that you intend to receive.